Don’t get spooked over starting up your business this Halloween. One of our specialisms here at Egan Roberts is working with start-up businesses to help you succeed without the nightmares!
Whether you’re at the very beginning of your journey or part way through and think you could use some extra help, we’re here for you.
Here are some essential tasks that you might not have thought about yet:
- Inform HMRC that you are trading
- Register for self assessment
- Begin your record keeping, however small you think that receipt is
- Appoint your accountant
- Decide the legal structure of your business
- Set up a business bank account
- Ensure your software us compatible with Making Tax Digital
At Egan Roberts we have experience in multiple accounting softwares and we are all Xero Certified Advisors.
If you’re unsure about what records you should be keeping, read our blog here.
For more information on Making Tax Digital we have the following blogs available to explain it without the jargon:
If you would like to discuss your new business further, please call us on 01254 583515 or visit our website to book a free meeting.