Maintaining your standard of living in retirement requires considerable forward planning. Here are some important questions?
Have you got a business exit strategy?
- Will you withdraw from the business, leaving it for the next generation
- Do you have a workable succession plan?
- Will you hope to sell the business?
- How will you value the business & find a suitable buyer?
- Are you aware of all the tax implications of the timing of disposals?
Have you made adequate pension provision?
- Do you have the right type of pension?
- Are you aware of all the pension possibilities open to business owners and directors?
- Are you making full use of all your allowances?
Are your savings and investments working for you?
- Do you have the right balance between savings and investments
- Have you got the right equilibrium between high and low risk exposures?
Do you have adequate life assurance?
- Have you made provision for long-term care
- Do you have medical insurance for you and your spouse in your later years.
We can help you answer all these questions and recommend solutions tailored to your particular needs.