We Are Experienced in Supporting Academies
These are exciting and challenging times for both primary and secondary schools with the opportunity to increase autonomy by converting to Academy status. At Egan Roberts we believe in working together with you, providing pro-active advice and support.
Prior to the application for academy status we can:
- Conduct a financial review
- Formulate a comprehensive financial plan
- Advise on teachers pension schemes
- Assist the setting up of accounting systems
- Establish suitable financial controls
Once your school has attained academy status our role can extend to include:
- Preparation and audit of the financial accounts
- Bookkeeping & budgets
- Financial reporting
- Teachers and local government pension schemes
- Accounting policies, governors financial responsibilities and the responsible officer duties
Are You An Academy Looking For An Experienced and Pro-Active Accountant?
We are committed to supporting you through the whole process from application, to full academy status and to being available to discuss any financial or business issues as they arise.
Please contact Keith to discuss how we can help or fill out our enquiry form and we’ll contact you at your convenience :
Why do academies need an accountant?
An academy is still a state funded school, but is independent of the local authority.
All academies are required to have an annual audit carried out by an independent registered auditor.
Academy schools have fairly extensive financial reporting requirements and the annual financial report has to meet the requirements of the Companies Act, the SORP “Accounting and reporting for Charities” and the requirements of the Department of Education.
See our other specialisms by following this link