These are exciting and challenging times for both primary and secondary schools with the opportunity to increase autonomy by converting to Academy status. At Egan Roberts we believe in working together with you, providing pro-active advice and support.
Prior to the application for academy status we can:
- Conduct a financial review
- Formulate a comprehensive financial plan
- Advise on teachers pension schemes
- Assist the setting up of accounting systems
- Establish suitable financial controls
Once your school has attained academy status our role can extend to include:
- Preparation and audit of the financial accounts
- Bookkeeping & budgets
- Financial reporting
- Teachers and local government pension schemes
- Accounting policies, governors financial responsibilities and the responsible officer duties
Why do academies need an accountant?
An academy is still a state funded school, but is independent of the local authority.
All academies are required to have an annual audit carried out by an independent registered auditor.
Academy schools have fairly extensive financial reporting requirements and the annual financial report has to meet the requirements of the Companies Act, the SORP “Accounting and reporting for Charities” and the requirements of the Department of Education.